The following information and prayer suggestions for Eurasia Northwest are adapted from our book Prayers: A Journey Through Eurasia, which we gave away at General Council in 2017
In the very land where Jesus walked, very few people have actually heard of the salvation He came to bring.
There is great need for laborers in this conflicted land. Many villages are without a gospel witness and several people groups have no known believers among them.
“Our friends here don’t know other believers,” one worker explains. “If we are forced to leave, they may never have another opportunity to hear the gospel.”
The strip of land between the sea and the desert that comprises the area of Israel and Palestine is only the size of New Jersey, and yet it evokes more passionate discussion than any other spot on the planet.
Here’s how you can pray for this significant area:
- Pray for freedom from religious bondage.
- Pray for true peace in the land, that the Prince of Peace will be revealed.
- Pray for a strong church in every town.
- Pray for more churches and more workers in Israel and Palestine.
- Pray for secularists. Pray that they will have genuine relationship with Spirit-filled believers that lead them to Jesus.
- Pray for a revival that is beginning in this area, and that the Holy Spirit will do all he desires in and among the people living in Israel and Palestine.